Monday, March 13, 2017

Preparing My (Optimistic) Urban Palette

My optimistic palette
Shown below is the five-day forecast, and it looks very similar to the previous five (or more) days. I’m still sketching from my car, but continually turning the wipers on and off gets tiresome. Sigh.

In the meantime, I’ve been shuffling around the water-soluble colored pencils I carry in my everyday bag. Shown here is my freshened “urban palette” – a fairly standard range, plus the more unusual “construction zone yellow” and “recycle bin green.” I was about to take out the pink pencil, which has been in my bag since the Women’s March, but then I thought about the cherry trees. Exactly one year ago today, Urban Sketchers Seattle met at the University of Washington’s Quad to sketch the blossoming sakura. What a difference this year is! The leafless, budless trees are nowhere near blossoming. Sigh.

Trying to be optimistic, I left the pink pencil in.


Any signs of spring in your neck of the woods? Send some my way!

Sigh.

7 comments:

  1. I wish I could send you some of our sun! It's been downright hot here! We went from crazy, chilly, winter storm to summer heat within a week! The hills are lovely shades of green, and the weeds literally grew overnight! There a chance for more rain next week, though. I think I would be more productive with my bookkeeping for our taxes if it kept raining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I just heard that the East Coast is getting hit with yet another snowstorm tonight! I guess I'll stop complaining about rain! :-)

      - Tina

      Delete
  2. I can send you some snow tomorrow. We are expecting over a foot of it. lol I'll be homebound tomorrow and won't even be able to get out in my mobile studio. I love seeing your choice of colors and had to laugh at construction zone yellow. I actually took a yellow marker out with me when I was doing the challenge because I knew there were construction workers in the area...but sadly there was no place to sit and sketch them in my car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you when I heard news of that storm! Stay safe! Hope you have some apples in the house to sketch! ;-)

      Delete
  3. I like your choice of color names: “construction zone yellow” and “recycle bin green.” :) Yup, rain, rain rain. Beats blizzard, though. At least we can still move about by and sketch in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's sunny here today, and not even very cold, but we just received over a foot of snow so spring is still out in the future somewhere :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...