Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Past Due

3/13/17 brush pen, colored pencils
Some people in my ‘hood still have Christmas lights up on their houses, so I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised to see this ornamented tree in a traffic circle.

It’s a good thing I went out in my mobile studio yesterday when I could still see between the raindrops on the windshield to sketch this (I stuck my finished sketch out the window for a second to catch a bit of local DNA). Today the rain is pouring down in sheets, not drops.


But I know those of you in the East and Midwest are shoveling again, so I’ll keep my mouth shut. Stay safe, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Here you still see some Christmas decorations too. I love the ornamented tree and your touches of the rain outside. We lucked out here on Long Island because our heavy snow that was supposed to be about 1 foot turned to rain in the early afternoon and most of it washed away. It would have been fun to at least get one sketch of it done, but by the time I woke up this morning it was sleeting. I stayed in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear your Snowmageddon didn't materialize! ;-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...